Sunday & Monday: 927 miles

The entire trip was scheduled to take three days, leaving Boston Sunday November 5th and returning via JetBlue the evening of Wednesday, November 8th. Sunday was a short day; we were traveling down to Connecticut to pick up more items from a family friend. We would stay over in Connecticut and leave early the next day, at 5am.
Monday was a fairly uneventful day. We woke up early as planned and were out the door by 5am, which was a drastic difference from my usual 6:30 school day wakeup time! Luckily, I was able to sleep in the truck while my dad made the first leg of the drive. We split the day up in chunks; he did most of the driving but I was able to squeeze in a four-hour leg in the morning after breakfast. I figured out fast that driving a UHaul is pretty different from driving my car! It took a bit to get used to the height, weight, and width of the truck and how to navigate it without making any sharp turns. Once we were on the highway, we were good to go!
Dare I say the time actually passed fairly quickly. We made it past New York City (managing to avoid the traffic!), across Pennsylvania and through Maryland, West Virginia, and Virginia before making our way into Tennessee to Knoxville where we would spend the night. The drive was actually very pleasant. This was definitely the longest trip I had been on and also the longest amount of driving that I've had to do myself, but the rolling hills and the fall-toned trees made it very enjoyable. Before I knew it, we were pulling into the hotel parking lot. We only had to fill up on gas about two times.

We tried to get pictures of every state sign we passed but some of them went too quickly. We were able to get West Virginia and Tennessee!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Night in Houston

From Boston to Houston: 1,800 miles for Hurricane Harvey Relief